WELCOME!

Welcome to my site! Look around, explore, leave me feedback, questions, comments and suggestions! In the words of a wise woman I know, please let your knowledge be the water to my sponge!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Scared of the pain?

I know that some of us are scared of getting tattoos because we don't know just how much it is or isn't going to hurt. I personally don't think that tattoos done in a shop, by a professioinal are painful.

The thing you have to remember is that if it hurt REALLY bad, not as many people would have them right? I would compare it to getting your hair pulled during sex, slightly uncomfortable but exhilarating at the same time!

I tend to have a pretty high pain tolerance though. If you personally are very pain sensitive you may want to apply a numbing agent prior to the needle touching the area.

Now, this may sound gross, and I don't want to freak anyone out, but the product "anal ease" that Slumber Parties Sells ( http://www.slumberparties.com )is a great product to spread over the area that is about to be tattooed before starting. It has benzocaine in it and will slighly numb the skin enough to where getting the tattoo isn't nearly as painful. If the name makes you uncomfortable (I'm fine with it but some of us are more sensitive to those things than others....) just scratch it off the tube or cover it with black electrical tape. You can also use this product for teething babies (I love multi-purpose things!)

No comments: