WELCOME!

Welcome to my site! Look around, explore, leave me feedback, questions, comments and suggestions! In the words of a wise woman I know, please let your knowledge be the water to my sponge!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Why did I create this site?

The aim of this site is to help people get comfortable with their own tattoo style. Just because you're a 24 year old soccer mom, a 40 year career woman, or a guy that just graduated high school, doesn't mean that you "can't" get tattoos! You should embrace the culture, do some research on what your options are, what shops are available to you in your area and find an artist that you can work with.

This site is going to be the place where you can do just that from the comfort of your own living room. You can see bios of different shop's, pictures of their décor, background information on the owners, the artists and pictures of their work. You'll also be able to see different styles, different experience levels and different price ranges. You'll be able to connect to the artist directly either via email or with a link directly to their personal pages (or both)! You'll also be able to "track your artist" by being notified when you're favorite artist switches shops or goes into business for themselves.

There's articles on this site for those of you looking to get your "tattoo cherry" popped. What should you expect? How does it work? What does it cost? Why do tattoos cost so much? Also information for more experienced tattoo getters. How can I get this covered up? How can I complete this sleeve? With a place for you to talk to artists and get their feedback so you can decide who to work with.

Since I am based in Colorado Springs, that is where most of the content is going to come from. In the future I plan on expanding all over the state and then all over the country but be patient for me to get to your area! If you want me to get it to you sooner, shoot me an email (insert link here) and I'll see what I can do to prioritize for my readers! The other option is to tell your favorite artist in the area know about the site so they can get on here and get more business! I just have to know that you're reading.

As you peruse this website please LEAVE ME FEEDBACK!!!! (insert link here) I want this site to have the things that YOU want on it! I'm getting new ideas constantly and will do what I can to make it happen. If you do send me feedback I assure you that you will get a response within 48 hours. Sometimes right away even!

I hope to eventually talk about some of the laws surrounding tattoos (i.e. Can you tattoo out of your home?), some historical information about how tattooing has evolved as an art form through the years as well as expand so that shops are available for you to "comparison shop" in every area of the country. I do ask for some patience as I develop this site as this is the first time I've ever tried to build a website but I do want it to be as helpful as possible so there will be FREQUENT updates.

No comments: